Creating Your Community
- Find a suitable network in which to create your community. For suitability criteria, see our Co-Curricular Best Practices and Design Principles for Co-Curricular Organizations.
- Create your community inside your chosen Organization. Assuming you have the requisite permissions, you should see a CREATE COMMUNITY button inside your "My Communities" page. For more information on Community permissions and discoverability, see this article.
Inviting Community Members
- In the second-to-leftmost navigation panel, go to Members→Member List.
- Click on the Invite button in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Under "Emails", enter the email address of the Guest you're inviting.
- You may also enter multiple email addresses separated by commas.
- Ensure that "Invite as Admins" is turned off.
- x = off; ✓ = on
- Click the SEND INVITATIONS button.
By Share Link
- In the second-to-leftmost navigation panel, go to Members→Invite via Link.
- Click the Add link button.
- Copy the link by clicking on the "Copy link to clipboard button".
- Share the link with those you want to invite however you'd like: via your organizations messaging app, via a campus group email list, via a Tweet, etc. Upon clicking the link, the invitees will be prompted to create a Yellowdig account (if they don't already have one) and sent to your community.
- Though community members can always be removed by community owners or facilitators, anyone with access to your sharable link can join your community. Therefore, you should be judicious about link sharing, and be especially cautious about sharing links to curricular communities.
- You can disable any invitation link you've created at any time by unchecking Enabled. When Enabled is unchecked, new users will not gain access to your community by clicking on the link.
- In the second-to-leftmost navigation panel, navigate to Members→Invite via Link.
- Click the Add Link button.
- To copy, click on the "Copy to Clipboard" button.
- Distribute this copied URL however you prefer: through your organization's messaging app, a campus group email list, a Tweet, etc. Invitees will be prompted to create a Yellowdig account (if they don't already have one) and will be directed to your community.
- Although you can remove community members at any time, anyone with access to the shared invitation can join. Exercise caution, especially when sharing access to curricular communities.
- To disable any invitation you've created, simply uncheck the "Enabled" box. When this box is unchecked, new users will not be able to join your community.
How Community Members Join (by Email Invitation)
- Invited members will receive one or two emails in their inbox inviting them to join your community and co-curricular network.
- The order in which invitations are accepted does not matter. Once they accept one invitation, they can accept the other invitation from within the platform.
- If they don't already have a Yellowdig account, they will be prompted to create one. If they already have a Yellowdig account, they must be logged into the platform to accept your invitation(s).
- Upon clicking the invitation link in the email, invitees will be prompted to accept or reject your invitation(s).
- Once they've accepted your invitation(s), they will be allowed to go to your community immediately.
Share links are not to be confused with template links