As an Organization Administrator (Organization Admin) in Yellowdig, you have the authority to invite Org Admins, create sub-organization structure, and perform other actions that regular members cannot do (read here for more information). In this guide, we will walk you through the simple steps required to invite an Organization Admin or promote an existing member to Organization Admin.
How to Invite an Organization Admin
- Log in to your Yellowdig account as an Organization Admin (contact email@example.com if you don't know anyone at your institution with org admin permissions)
- Click on Organization Settings (found at the bottom of the side navigation menu, just above your User Options icon)
- You'll land on the Organization Settings page, so you'll need to access your secondary side navigation menu and select Members
- Click the "Invite" button
Type in the email addresses to invite (double check for accuracy)
- Turn on the toggle switch for "Invite as Organization Admin"
- Click the "Send Invitations" Button.
- That's it! The invited member will receive an email notification with instructions on how to accept the invitation.
How to Promote a Member to Organization Admin
- Follow Steps 1-3 above
- Click on the member you want to elevate to admin (double check it's the correct member)
- Select Promote to Administrator. That's it!